Place Value And Rounding – This app teaches whole numbers, digits, place value system, value, and place value models for the ones period through the billions period. Students learn to round and represent numbers in word form, expanded form and place value form. Covers all place value and rounding Common Core Standard skills for grades 2 through 5.
Place Value And Rounding App includes:
- Five skill-based animated Learn Lesson videos:
- Place Value – Ones
- Place Value – Thousands
- Place Value – Millions
- Place Value – Billions
- Five fun, interactive Try Modules to practice & reinforce core skills taught:
- Rounding Coach – Fun interactive way to learn rounding – user can set to 3 or 6 places
- Position Value – Identify place values up to hundred thousands – user can set to 3 or 6 places
- Word Form – Expanded Form and Place Value Form – user can set to 3 or 6 places
- Ultimate Rounding – Test you skills – user can set to 3 or 6 places
- AppTutor Quick Challenge timed recollection tool gets kids competing for high score
- Comprehensive skill-based testing to verify conceptual understanding of all Common Core skills addressed
- Hints Sheet for handy reference, emailing and printing
- 26 pages of targeted-skills Worksheets covering over 200 unique questions for extra practice with correct answer key
- Printable “Certificate of Achievement’ upon completion in both AirPrint and email format
- Always available Scratch Pad encourages counting, creative reasoning and provides additional problem solving workspace
- Complete full-subject app – no in-app upgrades
- Supports three named students plus a guest user
- Tracking includes independent progress status for each user
- Design fully supports the Common Core State Standards Initiative (CCSSI).
- One-click detailed audio instruction available throughout
- Intra-test wrong answer feedback to enhance recollection of key concepts
- Over 1,100 unique problems throughout the app
- Available on iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch
Common Core State Standards addressed include:
- 2.NBT.1 Understand that the three digits of a three-digit number represent amounts of hundreds, tens, and ones.
- 1.1 Place values: Place value models – tens and ones
- 1.2 Place values: Place value models – up to hundreds
- 1.3 Place values: Value of underlined digit – tens and ones
- 1.4 Place values: Convert to/from a number – tens and ones
- 2.NBT.1.a 100 can be thought of as a bundle of ten tens – called a “hundred.”
- 1.6 Place values: Convert between place values – up to thousands
- 2.NBT.1.b The numbers 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 600, 700, 800, 900 refer to one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, or nine hundreds (and 0 tens and 0 ones).
- 1.7 Place values: Value of underlined digit – up to hundreds
- 1.8 Place values: Convert to/from a number – up to hundreds
- 2.NBT.3 Read and write numbers to 1000 using base-ten numerals, number names, and expanded form.
- 3.1 Names of numbers: Writing numbers up to 100 in words
- 3.2 Names of numbers: Writing numbers up to 1,000 in words
- 3.3 Place values: Convert from expanded form – up to hundreds
- 3.OA.8 Solve two-step word problems using the four operations. Represent these problems using equations with a letter standing for the unknown quantity. Assess the reasonableness of answers using mental computation and estimation strategies including rounding.
- 8.9 Estimation and rounding: Rounding
- 3.NBT.1 Use place value understanding to round whole numbers to the nearest 10 or 100.
- 1.1 Estimation and rounding: Rounding
- 3.NBT.2 Fluently add and subtract within 1000 using strategies and algorithms based on place value, properties of operations, and/or the relationship between addition and subtraction.
- 2.3 Place values: Convert from expanded form